20 October, 2011

Let's celebrate


It’s my birthday today.  I have a horrible cold, feel sick and old.  But that’s okay.  I know it’s only temporary (well, except for the old bit!), and it isn’t the worst birthday I’ve ever had, not by a long shot.   

When I think back to that day, eight years ago, the Worst Birthday Ever, I wish I could hug that sad sad woman and tell her what I know now.  That grief is painful but it eases over time.  That your mind adjusts.   That hope returns, just hope for something different.  That there are other outlets of an urge to nurture.  That life can be fulfilling, satisfying, worthy and content without children.  That it does get better. And that that is worth celebrating.

9 comments:

  1. Many happy returns hon, hope its a truly fab one. A reassuring post indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday, once the cold passes I say make that your birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late but I still wish you many happy days, whether they fall on your birthday or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I hope your cold eases up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit late, but Happy BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated but heartfelt happy birthday, Mali! Wishing you all the very best...

    ReplyDelete