27 October, 2014

#MicroblogMondays: From complete destruction

Much of my Gifts of Infertility series (not yet finished) is focused on the fact that though I went through some awful times, I have come through it better than I was before. The quote below really says it the best:
“For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.”
Cynthia Occelli
I would also add that when you are completely undone, it feels like complete destruction. We just don’t yet realise that something else is about to bloom that will be beautiful and strong.

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh...this is SO beautiful. I'm going to share it with the others. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully said! And very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are completely undone it does feel like complete destruction. I feel like this now. I hold on to the hope that what I feel now will be beautiful and strong someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautifully said and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of it that way, but you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quote. So much to think about here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote. As well as the message to not judge the mess as a mess but a pre-formation.

    ReplyDelete