13 November, 2017

Still learning

I was reminded of this quote on social media this morning.

I love learning new languages, ideas, and about new places and new people. I also love learning about myself. I wish I could learn how to permanently lose weight, how to get inexhaustible energy, and how to not care what other people think, amongst others. I'm working on all of these, and have been for a long time, with more success in some areas than others.

Not having children as a result of infertility and loss has been a learning process too.  I've learnt about my body, and myself, and I've written multiple posts about that (here, here, here, and here - to name just a few), and I still have a long way to go, but I'm now actually enjoying the ride.

7 comments:

  1. I’m stealing the quote for my interview today. Because that’s the whole point for this position. And I of course agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the same quote in my reporting in my MBA class, my topic was continous learning in the corporate world. I'm grateful that I have all the time to still learn what I want to learn because I don't have children to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote. I love learning new things too. My downfall is I like the research more than doing the actual work. Case in point: I enjoy blogs about blogging more than actually blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote, and the lakeside little library! I agree. I think being open to continuous learning, whether it's about yourself, the world, literature, new technology, whatever...is the key to keeping your mind in great shape. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any magical key to keeping the body in great shape while still enjoying wine and cheese and guacamole. I love the evolution of your childfree living outlook, gives me hope for all the twists and turns to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like Dorie keeps swimming. . .
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a learning experience all right, hasn't it?? ;) I enjoy learning too; if I could have just kept going to school for the rest of my life instead of working, I think I would have been happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete