12 February, 2018

Enjoying the gifts of infertility and blogging

I started writing my Monday morning post, but the several blogs I’ve read the last day or two all provided such great inspiration that I knew it was impossible to stick to eight sentences, so today I’ll write my Microblog Mondays post, and then another later in the week – keep a look out for it!

Today I wanted to note again one of the great joys of my No Kidding blogging life, and that is meeting other bloggers. I meet you all online, which is truly special, and I feel as if my life is much broader than it might be, simply because I chat with you all on a regular basis. That, it turns out, is the top factor contributing to longevity, so I thank you all in advance!

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Valery, her partner and her beautiful daughter, as they are on their tour of New Zealand. We sat under a pohutukawa tree beside the beach, as Suzy fearlessly climbed on the playground and the trees, and chatted face-to-face after all these years of chatting computer-to-computer. We’ve learned each others’ real names, and got used to using them!

I look forward to the day when I can do that with many more of you.

6 comments:

  1. What a treat! So glad you two got to meet and spend some time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you met Valery and her family.
    I am looking forward to visiting you one day as well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely :-). I am happy for you!

    Yes, blogging does enrich us because we get in touch with each other. Sometimes the conversations that enfold really make a difference in our lives (I know they have done that in mine more than once).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me smile, Mali! My Good Things blog today was about our amazing childless community. (You can read it here, if you like - http://notsomommy.com/good-things-childless-not-by-choice-community/ ) We are truly blessed to be able to connect online. (I'm so glad we met via our blogs!) I do hope to meet some of my fellow bloggers face-to-face someday. It's pretty awesome that you got to meet Valery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I love these connections too, and it's awesome that you've so frequently been able to take the connections from virtual to in-person. What a gift! And how cool that community makes you live longer. :) I hope to meet up in person one day, too. That would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to it too! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete